There is a standard charge of £3.95 for postage and packaging (mainland UK only). I cant avoid postage costs. Sorry. Often it will cost me more than the flat rate charge to post! People who offer free postage simply put the cost on to the goods in the first place. Don’t be fooled! 😀
Items will normally be dispatched as quickly as possible (Monday to Friday) once full payment has been made. The Ugly House uses Royal Mail and Parcel Force ‘second class signed for’ delivery (unless it is a large order then an alternative to reduce costs may be used). Allow 3-7 days for your parcel to reach you.
The delivery charge is added separately at checkout.
Please email email@example.com to discuss. We will respond as quickly as possible with the shipping costs.
Where possible I reuse, up-cycle and recycle postage and packaging material. This keeps P&P costs down and is more environmentally friendly!
Occasionally items are damaged during transit. Any damage or breakage needs to be reported to The Ugly House within 5 working days of the delivery. We may then arrange return of the item. We would then offer a refund, arrange for a Replacement to be sent out or an exchange.
You can return goods you have ordered from us for any other reason within 14 days of receipt for a full refund or exchange. The product must be in original condition including all original packaging materials. We reserve the right to refuse refunds if we believe there has been damage since dispatch. Delivery charges are not refundable. Item(s) returned unsolicited will be refused. The costs of returning goods to us shall be borne by you. We suggest you use Royal Mail’s recorded delivery service, via your local post office, always retaining proof of postage. We cannot accept responsibility for parcels lost in transit. We will only refund or provide an exchange for the cost of postage where the item returned is faulty.
When returning goods for which you received a discount or offer, that discount or offer will no longer apply if you fall below the discount or offer threshold and the refund will be adjusted accordingly.
When returning an item for an exchange or refund, please include a note which details your order number, name and address, details of return or exchange and where available a phone number or email address.
We cannot be responsible for interest charges made by your credit card company whilst waiting for returns to be refunded to your card.
To return an item contact The Ugly house:
Or Contact us page
We respect your privacy and do not share personal details (names, postal addresses and email addresses) with third parties.
As all of our transactions are carried out through Paypal, The Ugly House does not acquire or store any customer financial details.
INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example).
WHY I NEED YOU INFORMATION AND HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Jane Spencer, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.